Friday, October 16, 2009

The Moaning Of A Heavenly Ghost

The Moaning Of A Heavenly Ghost

Deep in the night
In a silent scene
Came a twinkle
From a distant mount
It grew brighter
And took a form,
The neatest figure
I had ever seen
A face so awesome
Lovely and calm,
With deep blue eyes
That shone like stars
She made a Goddess of the night!
Floating over clouds and trees,
She sang a song,
In a low mellow tone
So sweet the voice,
The ear had heard
For the beasts of the night
Stood still and listened
The song she sang
Was of her own lone-life
I hardly forgot a word or line
For it remained carved
Deep in my heart!
“Ah, woe is me
My own sad fate,
Lass so sweet
They called me once
Twice I fell in love, too blind,
Believed it strong
And followed my will
A shot and blow
Into my heart,
I was killed by him.
As a revenge
I lost the heaven
I lost the hell
I am here to wander all over the world,
To sing my tale and cry over my fate.”
Thus did she mourn, moving on,
But I knew she’d be cared for
By the blissful light high above
That will comfort her
With the lasting peace, she is seeking for.

Article By:Magdelene Fernandez

0 comments:

Post a Comment