Friday, November 20, 2009

In You for You And Always With You

In You for You And Always With You

Yes, I fear the gloomy darkness, but
If you were the stars of my night
I would not have prayed for another sunrise
For fear of losing the vision
Of you and me in that starry night

I would have enjoyed being alive
To see you with me that night.
If you were the tears in my eyes
I would never have cried
For the fear of your rolling down my cheeks
And losing you, for my love for you.

If you were seen in the smile of my lips
I would have smiled a thousand times
For my dream of seeing you in me
And being with you for a lifetime.

If you were with me in my chains
I wouldn’t have known my pains
I wouldn’t have known my cries
Whether deep or not I wouldn’t even think.

In your presence I can forget myself
For your love for me is vast
For my scorched heart can ever get chilled
As your love for me is always dear
For me and is always within me.

If you were the light in the candle of this life
I would have been the wax of that candle
As long as you light the life of this world
I would give my life for you to live
As lively and bright as you could
As long as I am with you

The heat of your light may burn me up
But my love for you will abide forever
In you, for you and always with you.

Poem by: Jyothy Parthasarathy,St.Teresa’s College

0 comments:

Post a Comment