Saturday, August 8, 2009

For All Of Eternity

For All Of Eternity

I never knew what to expect of love
Never knew what to feel
Never understood what the hype was about
Never did understand the deal.
All around me people proposed
Their love for each other in many a way
I always turned my head away
Wanting them to find their own little space.

And just when I was least expecting
Love or anything vaguely close
You walked right in to my life
And made me love everything I used to oppose.
You and I are not meant to be
Or so I thought till you changed my mind
For all my life I was the ugly duckling,
With no lovely swan in me for anyone to find.
You turned my world upside down
But regrets I have few
Just promise me you not disappear
Like the early morning dew.
The dew drop that brings a smile
Upon all who wish to see
But as the sun gets ready to come out
It brings to flee.
Promise me, instead
That you will be mine forever
I hope the love we share for each other
Stays on forever and ever.
For I am going to love you all my life
For all of eternity
I don’t care what the world says
Don’t care for their tears or their pity.
The world may talk all it wants
But my love for you will not cease
Through happiness, through joy, through sadness
Through pain or even through disease.
So be mine forever my sweetheart
I’ll be everything you want one to be
Our love will stand true forever
For all eternity.

Poem by: Sujanya G

0 comments:

Post a Comment