Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Reason To Cheer!

A Reason To Cheer!


Why am I alive?
Why am I here?
With not a reason to cheer
Oh! How can I smile?
When my mother land cries;
With no food to eat,
And no water to drink.
Oh! How can I celebrate?
When my mother land is in mourning,
For terrorist are its citizens,
And violent are its rules.
Oh! How can I be merry?
And eat a few cherry;
When my land is all worry;
And people, its dear ones burry.
Oh! How can I be goy?
When my land is in dismay
In the name of peace, we fight
And hopes its burden light.
The ‘rich’ octopus sucks its nectar,
And the ‘selfish’ giant drains its white.
Oh! How can I listen, to the voice,
So sweet of nature;
Or see Mother Nature in the glory enchanting.
For my native land is flowing,
With blood that’s red in glowing;
The wind that still is blowing,
Brings the grave echoing!!!
Still reason I have to cheer,
For I am still a being who can turn the steering
And make that big DIFFER!!!!!

 

Poem by: Jo Marian,St.Alberts College,Ernakulam

0 comments:

Post a Comment