Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Lady Next Door

The Lady Next Door

The lady next door
Small and broken was her house
Torn were its walls
But all young and old
Liked the sight of it
For it shone brighter than the sun
Brightened by an unknown power.
Days have I spent pondering over her plight
Does she have proper sleep at night?
With her partner paralysed for life
And her son yet to grow up
Left was she in the lonely dark lane
To march along the highways of life,
Alone like a wounded soldier.
She found time to play with her kid
Feed him with love, tidy her house
And yes, to sweep the road, her job.
I would watch her out of my window
She seemed a boat in the ferocious sea
Her sweep was her oar,
She would twist and bend her way out.
I felt my life was a heavenly bliss
With only bright and sunny days.
When my eyes met hers,
I could feel the power in her eyes,
And in the depth of it
I could read clearly writ
It was commitment to her family.

Poem by: Ambily Abraham



1 comments:

Shawn De Costa(ubuntusl) said...

Very interesting blog buddy. Im ubuntusl. Thanks.

Post a Comment